Sunday, 28 June 2015

Firewise stories and art

We have been writing about being firewise and what to do in an emergency. We also did some fire engine art using different things - paper, cellophane, pipe cleaners, straws, bottle tops, pastels and of course, glitter!



I was sleeping. I smelled smoke, then there was a beep and another beep. It was a fire. So I shut the door and got out the window. The fire engine came and put the fire out. By Noah

When there’s a fire, you get down, get low, and get out fast. Don’t look for your pets. You will get burnt! If you’re stuck inside, firemen will look for you. My meeting place is my mailbox.

By Joseph

One night, at midnight, a fire came because somebody put a candle by the curtain. My house got burnt. I got down and I got out fast. I went to the safe meeting place. My dog went to the meeting place too, and my cats. My dad was there too. When I said I was in the fire, my Dad said “Where is he?” When the fire started coming I shouted, “Fire, fire, fire!” and when I got out of the fire, I dialled 111. Soon the firefighters came. They went in the house. They put out the fire. 
By Elijah

If there were a fire, I would wake up my parents. I would climb out of my window. Then my Dad could call 111 and the firefighters would come. When they put the fire out, we could go back in.
By Tilly

Today, at Tawa School, the firemen came to our class. The three names were John, Simon and Mark. I learnt to get fire wise. They were showing us a story about a fire with a girl that does the wrong things in a fire. Her parents and her younger brother are already out of the hot, burning house. Their safe meeting place was the mailbox on their property. After that, it was time for them to go and to their own job until a thing for them happens for the crew and firetrucks. By Trae

If my smoke alarm went off I would wake up and climb out of my window in my room. My mum had my little sister as they were already at the meeting place. But my Dad wasn’t there because he was at work. Then the fire fighter came to put the fire out. Then me, my mum and my sister bought some stuff and toys for me and my sister to play with and my mum and dad stuff.
 By Natalya  
A long time ago, my house got fire on the house then in my bedroom. There was smoke. I shut it. Then I saw something under the fire. It was a passageway and I went down it. It led outside to the meeting place and everyone was there. I counted, 1, 2, 3, 4.  William, my Mum and Dad, and me were safe. And Mum called 111 and the fire engine came and put out the fire. By Avaria

When you hear a noise like this, “beep, beep, beep”, get low and get out. When you get to the meeting place, call “Fire, fire!” Come on kids, get fire wise! By Emma


When there was a fire at my house, here’s how the fire started.

A candle set fire to a curtain. It got bigger and bigger. Me and Ethan were playing Minecraft on Xbox 360. Then we heard the smoke alarm. We ran out fast. I closed the door behind me.

By Connor






This can be very appropriate for our classroom at times!





This week we are off to the police museum, as well as ending our term with a fun pyjama party on Thursday!

2 comments:

  1. WOW Room 12 you certainly are experts about fire safety. I love your writing and your art. I think your quote is very true. I love messy learning! We sure do have an exciting week ahead to look forward to as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great to be able to read all of your stories room 12 - I'm so glad you all know what to do to get out fast. Connor showed me your fire engine art on Friday - what imaginations and talent you all have.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment for our students to read. They love knowing that people are looking at what we've been doing! Make sure you include your name too.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.